The Berejiklian government has funded and delivered a series of transformative motorway and public transport infrastructure projects.
Such massive government provides a significant impetus for a re-think on the way our cities work and the implications for planning for population growth.
With this in mind, the Urban Taskforce convened a conference to examine world’s best practice transport-oriented developments including presentations on the transformation of cities and urban precincts around the world.
This edition of Urban Ideas is dedicated to the presentations at the conference and includes features on the presentations by:
- Keynote Speaker Hon. Andrew Constance, Minister for Transport
- John McAslan on Kings Cross-St Pancras in London
- Sarah Close, PWC, on Transport shaping regional cities
- Natalie Malligan with a thought-provoking presentation on Uber Elevate
- Peter Hyland, Urbis, on the Singapore experience
- Jehon Son, Lend Lease, on Victoria Cross Metro Station at North Sydney
- Ofer Manor on the impact of Jerusalem’s new light rail network
- Sam Sangster on the Sydney Aerotropolis
The conference was very well attended and could not have been possible without the support of our conference sponsors, Urban Taskforce members: Meriton, Urbis, Lend Lease and PWC.
Full PDF Here